I can try to help you out, here’s what Amazon basically says:
There are two methods
- transfer with USB cable (easier)
- email to Kindle
1. Transfer with USB Cable
- Download the Mobi file to your computer. (likely it will save to your DOWNLOADS folder)
- Connect your Kindle to computer using the USB cable. The Kindle should appear in “My Computer” on Windows and on “Desktop” on a Mac.
- Click to open the Kindle ‘drive’. Keep going unitl you find the “DOCUMENTS” folder
- Drag or copy the .MOBI file to the Kindle Documents folder.
- that’s it – it should now be saved on your Kindle device
2. Email to Kindle
- Download the Mobi file to your computer. The ebook file with .mobi at the end. Find it on your computer (DOWNLOADS folder likely).
- Go to Amazon’s website and log in to your account.
- Click on Your Account and then scroll down to the Digital Content section and select Manage Your Kindle orManage your Content and Devices (as below)
- Select Manage Devices
- Choose your Kindle (if you have more than one tied to account)
- Device Summary Normally the first item is Email. (likely look something like YOURNAMEXXXXX@Kindle.com.
- Send an email to the @Kindle.com email address you just found.
- Attach the Mobi file and send.
- You may have to wait five minutes or so, then then sync your Kindle. The book should now be there (either in Documents or Books)